Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Channels Switch Periodically

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RacketLord

RacketLord

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

Hi. So recently, I bought a Logitech G35 7.1 surround sound gaming headset. Shortly after receiving it, I noticed that sounds that were supposed to come out of the left speaker come out of the right, and vice-versa. This switch would happen randomly, yet often. Sometimes it's reversed, then it switches back to normal, then changes again. I thought this was something to do with the headset, so I returned it and bought a pair of Plantronics GameCom 780's.

Today the new headset arrived, and I noticed the same problem occurring. Audio randomly reverses channels. At this point, I know it can't be a coincidence - something in my computer has to be causing this, but I can't even begin to figure out what is causing this issue, and how to fix it. Both of these headsets are USB, both have 7.1 surround sound capability, but the problem still occurs when I set the headsets to stereo.

If anybody out there has any ideas as to what this issue can be caused by, please let me know. This problem is especially annoying because I play a lot of games, and not being able to hear people and enemies correctly is a major concern.

EDIT: It seems the people at Plantronics have been working on fixing this exact issue, and have released some new drivers to help combat this issue. I downloaded them, and it seems to have worked. Kinda. I can hear a pop whenever the audio tries to switch channels, but with the new drivers, it immediately corrects itself. So it reverses, but immediately fixes itself - however this causes an audible pop.

I think I can live with a pop every now and then. At least it doesn't stay reversed. It looked like people who had this issue primarily had AMD chipsets. This is true for me as well, I had an AMD Phenom II X3 processor, and that may have been a contributor to the problem.

Another EDIT: Just had the audio stay reversed again, so it's not totally fixed. If I really do need to get a new processor to get rid of this issue, then that's unfortunate. No money to do that right now, or for quite a while.

Edited by RacketLord, 06 August 2013 - 02:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

Both of these headsets are USB

Sorry for the late reply... but it seems the powered usb are not stable either on the source or the headset product itself. It is best to purchase a headset that connects directly to the audio ports for a better sound experience. Hope you were able to resolve this before my posted suggestion. :)

Tekken

#3 eggeman

eggeman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

I am pretty sure I have fixed mine. I sure hope someone else can benefit from this post.

I like many others are having this same problem where my headset's sound is being reversed. Even after quitting the game, I check the settings with windows or my ( Logitech G35 7.1 virtual surround sound )program and the channels are still switched.

It seemed to be only happening with USB headsets (no matter what brand) when pluggin them into what seems to be motherboards with an AMD Chipset so I took my motherboards chipset/usb out of the equation.

I bought a Vantec 4-port SuperSpeed USB PCI Express card. Downloaded/installed the latest drivers for it and then plugged my headset into it.

It sucks to have to spend $30 to fix this issue, but I havent had a problem since (3 days worth of gaming and no issues).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users