Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Admin account and Dont know the user log in

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 inthemood

inthemood

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

I recieved a computer and there is no admin account to log in to only the User log in. Tried rebooting in safe mode and it still goes to the log in screen.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Firefoxthebomb

Firefoxthebomb

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

What exactly do you mean by "I received a computer"?

Did someone give it to you as a gift for you to keep?  Can you not ask the person you got the computer from for the login info?

firefoxsig-resized.jpg.b57936275b99d45f7

Dell Precision T7810, Win10 64bit fully updated, Symantec Endpoint Protection,
Watchguard Firewall, Intel Xeon E5-2620v4 CPUs, Dual 8 Core Processors, 32GB Ram,
E5-2620v4 @ 2.10GHz X 2, AMD FirePro W4100 with 4 Screens, 500GB SSD Boot Drive,
Raid-1 Dual 2TB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives, DVD Burner, IE11, Opera, MBAM, MBSB, MBAE

#3 inthemood

inthemood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

It is for work, we closed down the store location and i cannot ask the employees cause they are no longer with the company.

#4 Firefoxthebomb

Firefoxthebomb

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:30 AM

Did you need to access any of the data on the drive, or was this given to you as a gift since the company closed down? 

If you do not need to access any data, perhaps a factory restore would be your best option....

firefoxsig-resized.jpg.b57936275b99d45f7

Dell Precision T7810, Win10 64bit fully updated, Symantec Endpoint Protection,
Watchguard Firewall, Intel Xeon E5-2620v4 CPUs, Dual 8 Core Processors, 32GB Ram,
E5-2620v4 @ 2.10GHz X 2, AMD FirePro W4100 with 4 Screens, 500GB SSD Boot Drive,
Raid-1 Dual 2TB Sata 10000 rpm Hard Drives, DVD Burner, IE11, Opera, MBAM, MBSB, MBAE

#5 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 PM

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

A reformat will be your best option being you received it as a gift so to speak. There are a lot of tools out here that can unlock user accounts and disable passwords for you, just search this forum and you will come across a lot.*

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

For Windows 7 the Administrator account is hidden by default. You will need to enable it to show.

Follow the directions here http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/

(the article also applies to Windows 7)

If there is no administrator password set up you will be able to access the account.

The best course of action would be for you to do a clean install of Windows 7. This will get rid of everything on the computer and you start with a clean slate, which allows you to customize it to your preferences.

The system should have a recovery drive, which will give you the option to restore to factory conditions. If you don't know how to access it, please post the manufacturer/model number.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 August 2013 - 10:00 AM.

#7 inthemood

inthemood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

Its for the company not for me personally.

I cannot even log in to allow me to open up the admin password.

#8 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

In that case the best thing to do is a clean reinstall. It might actually take less time to do that than it would to muck about trying to find a solution to your issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users