I want to move my User folder off of the C drive. Besides the Administer built-in I am the sole user of the computer. I have two methods: one is symbolic links, one is mirrored links (recommended). I was wondering what role the folder "Documents and Settings" has to do. It seems to contain identical info as the users files, what is the point?
The questions are:
1. Do I need to move both of my User folders:one in "Users" and the other in "Documents and Settings"?
2. Why is there a Documents and Settings folder anyway? and what is it used for?
3. I am using a Vortex 256 GB SSD for C drive, does that fact impact the move of my User folder?
4. Would it be easier just to mover the whole User folder instead of just mine I am the only user of the computer. Again will I have to move the Documents and Settings corresponding files?
5. Does the drive Users is moved to have to be a Primary Drive or can it be a Logical?
Anybody have any answers about the Users vs Docs and Settings folders? Any tips on moving the users to a larger drive would be appreciated. I run all of Adobe Creative Cloud software so Users is getting big..
ASUS P6T-v2, I7-950 CPU, 12 GB RAM, PNY NVIDIA Quddro 3800 GPU, Vertex 256GB SSD, 2- 1T Segate, 4GB G-TECH RAID 5 EXTERNAL, iHAS424 DVD, PIONEER BD-CD403, 2- 30" ASUS 238Q MONITOR, WINDOWS 7 x64,