Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Copying files from XP to 8

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 EnigmaXtreme

EnigmaXtreme

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

I'm trying to copy my hard drive over my WiFi network from my current computer running XP to my new Windows 8, however certain files, especially my Sony Vegas project files refuse to go over.

"You Need Permission to Perform this Action"

EDIT: I access another computer on my network that's running Windows 7 and was able to copy a Sony Vegas Project file fine. So it seems to be an issue with XP

Edited by EnigmaXtreme, 06 August 2013 - 01:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 960 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

You should be able to copy any folders over on your Network apart from Windows and Program Files I can if you set access to that folder in its properties and add a Guest user that can Read and Write.

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users