Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 12 (2007) Beta

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:33 AM

This installation of office 12 beta took forever to install (33 minutes) i hope the final version is quicker. InfoPath and Publisher were left out of the new UI. I think OneNote was also but is not in my edition. Though it will take a little getting used to with the new screen hog layout. i think a 19" + will be needed for easy use as a 15" screen is a nightmair having to scroll left to right and up and down. I can't find where you change the page view to fit the width to the screen. But all goes well without any problems. Though the installation was a slight mess with leaving the Office 2003 Folder in the menu with all the dead icons inside. While Office 12 created a new folder etc. I do think it is a step forward in how office will operate in the future. I won't expect the final version (Office 2007) to be a complete success since it will be the first with the new UI since 1995 (That's the first version i used). Maybe the next version (2009?) may update to improve as really, there never is a final. Office 2003 was a rush release only giving the tool bars the 3D look and making the icons a fresh modern look which is still used in this better version. Overall it isn't bad not very user friendly at this stage as have to get used to the new way of the set up so i'll wait out and see how i find this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:14 PM

i have been using it and the first thing i missed was "The Office Assistant" i love "Links" the cat. But is unnavailable. Maybe it not included in early beta's but may be in the final version well the public release of office. It seems to be alright otherwise i do't get fancy with office but what i use is there in front of me without using those toolbars. Though the reduced clicking isn't really that reduced you still have to click 2-4 times to do an action which is very similar to early versions of office (2003 back). I'm not bagging the product it is easier to find things though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users