Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Headphones do not work on back panel.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chugguh

Chugguh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

I recently installed a SSD and put a clean Windows 7 install. My headphones do not work in the back panel but do work in the front panel. Before I re installed windows 7 my headphones did work in the back panel. I have tried two different headsets and neither of them work now. My sound drivers are up to date and Device manager shows nothing wrong in the audio section. When sound is played the bars indicating "loundness" do show up but no sound is heard from them. I would have no problem using the front panel however my microphone jack on the front panel stopped working months ago. Help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

You don't say if you are using the on-board audio or a separate audio card, but there is nothing in this installation that should have knocked out your sound. Are you getting audio across your speakers ?  If you are, then your audio is working, and the problem is with the headphone socket on the back panel, could be some dirt got into it or a faulty solder connection.

An outside chance, but it has had some mention on BC recently, your drivers could be too new. You could try re-installing the drivers that originally came with your motherboard or sound card.

For a really 'dirty' solution. I think you imply that your mike socket at the rear is working - how about a short extension on the mike connection ? I said a dirty solution - but quick !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users