Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dell inspiron 1764 wont start

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Big Al6468

Big Al6468

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

My dell inspiron 1764. won't start no lights, fans, hard drives, clicks just nothing. I've tried a known good power supply no go. are there any fuses inside? Please let me know where to go with this problem.
Thank You,

Edit: Email deleted as we do not support help via email as it defeats the purpose of forums and prevents others learning from the information. Additionally we cannot verify that the help or suggestions submitted are safe and or credible. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

Hello -
Do you remember the last time this computer started in Normal or Safe Mode ??
There may be a short in your motherboard, or Power Supply Unit.
A PDF service Manual is available < Here -
Remove the Battery from the Notebook and power it on using only the AC Adapter

Thank You -

#3 Big Al6468

Big Al6468
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

This is my backup computer it had been in sleep mode for appx. 6 wks before I discovered it had this problem. I tried removing the battery and memory sticks also two power supplies. I’m looking at the service manual you sent and I will look at the power plug see where that leads.When I have time.
Thanks for the reply!

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

If you have a multimeter with a DC voltage scale you can take a reading of the output of the power adapter to determine is this is the problem.  On the brick (adapter) the input and output voltages will be listed.  You want the output DC voltage.

Insert the positive probe inside the adapter's plug and the negative probe to the outside of the connector.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users