Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Screen Replacement (Samsung)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dumb Carpenter

Dumb Carpenter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

Hello.

I have a Samsung Laptop (Model: NP300E5A-A02UB) and I guess the screen is not two year old proof. My son put a toy on the keyboard and closed it pretty hard which has given me nice black and white streaks on 1/3 of the left side of the screen with some green and pink spots/lines.

I know I must replace the screen, my question is this.

After doing some research to find a replacement screen I have found 4-5 different screens available(all of which have a different part/model number.

How do I know which one will work better with my PC?

Thank you for looking!

Edit:

Here is the link to the two screens I am considering buying.

https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/Samsung/NP300E5A-A02UB/

Edited by Dumb Carpenter, 05 August 2013 - 04:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:06 AM

Your choice.  Some are matte, some glossy. 

I just have to assume (dangerous sometimes) that the panels are Samsung LTN156AT19-001.  Why would the Largest LCD screen OEM on the planet use another OEM's panel. 

I usually get LCDs from Amazon now.

EDIT:  Amazon shows panels made by Samsung, and one by "VIVO", so maybe there are Chinese knockoffs out there.

Edited by dpunisher, 06 August 2013 - 02:07 AM.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 brian2009

brian2009

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

I replaced my notebook's screen. I never would have thought I could do it myself..until I saw it done for my exact model on a couple youtube videos.

If you haven't already, I would search youtube for your model number and see what's available.

I ended up buying a used "lid" for it on ebay, took out the screen and installed it. It's worked fine for over a year now and was quite a bit cheaper than new.

Edited by brian2009, 06 August 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

Hi, What I always did by preference is take out the old screen and get the exact same model.

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users