Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Multiple IE 10 Browsers Open After Closing Default Homepage (MSN) Only

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DreamWeaverProtector_*

Guest_DreamWeaverProtector_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

Hello,

I am in need of some assistance with my IE 10 browser, but the problem only occurs while using MSN (the default homepage). 

After closing IE 10 while on MSN so many times, multiple browsers will automatically open. I have also noticed that when the multiple browsers open, the url is a little different from the original. Here is an example of what some of the urls might look like below.

http://www.msn.com/#_=1375727226322&align=left&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&screen_name=msn&show_count=false&show_screen_name=false&size=m

But when I change my default homepage to another search engine, such as google, yahoo, or bing, this problem does not happen. It only happens on the default homepage msn.

Some of the methods I have used while trying to solve this problem are:

1.) Running Virus and Malware Scans.

For virus and malware protection, I use Malwarebytes Pro and Microsoft Security Essentials. Both of these programs are up to date and I have done numerous scans with them and other programs such as other Microsoft products, ComboFix, and many others. However, even during a full scan, no threats are detected.

2.) Resetting IE 10 to default settings.

I have done this multiple times, including deleting my browsing history, form data, security settings, etc. to see if this helps resolving the issue, but it does not.

3.) Upgrading to and Downgrading from IE 10.

No matter how much I upgrade or downgrade IE this always happens in the same matter, nothing changes. 

4.) Opening Task manager.

I have been opening task manager to see if anything is out of the ordinary and nothing that I recognize is not.

5.) Updating and enabling and disabling add-ons.

I have updated all my add-ons and also have disabled them to see if any of them were causing conflicts. At one point, I have disabled all the add-ons and the problem still occurred; however, when I had used IE 10 with no add-ons, no multiple browsers had opened up automatically.

Most of these methods I have used are from Malwarebytes Tech Support, MSN Tech Support, and research I have done online, but there are not many forums or solutions on this particular topic. I am also beginning to wonder if this is just a glitch from the msn website itself and is nothing harmful. Either way, please help me! :( 

As for my operating system, I use Windows 7: Home Premium 64-bit.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

DreamWeaverProtector

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users