Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB 2.00 camera problem

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 blueballs

blueballs

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

I have a digital microscope plugged into a USB 3.00 port that has stopped working? It is in device manager and has the right drivers apparently? It didnt come with a CD or anything I just plugged it in and away it went.Ive uninstalled it and reinstalled it, the drivers being automatically downloaded from win 7 update! but there is nowhere to turn it on,theres nothing in programs or anywhere to click on.Anyone know what the fix for this is?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

I'm not following.

Your title mentions a camera....then you talk about a microscope.

Please...clarify what it is that you are experiencing or want addressed.

Louis

#3 blueballs

blueballs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:26 AM

I'm not following.

Your title mentions a camera....then you talk about a microscope.

Please...clarify what it is that you are experiencing or want addressed.

Louis

I didnt think I would have to explain what it is,after all they are quite common. It is a USB digital microscope video and camera and it says USB 2.00 camera in device manager but it isnt in programmes so that I can turn it on and use it? This is just one of several problems Im haveing with Win 7,I had less trouble with Vista! I tried to send a photo of it but of course it didnt work. Im getting very frustrated with this Win 7! More like Lose 7.

Edited by blueballs, 07 August 2013 - 12:31 AM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

Well...just back to a few basics, please :).

To run any program...that program must be installed in Windows. whatever the version.  Did you install any program that allows you to use this device?

Generally...the USB connection for cameras...is strictly for transferring the graphics files taken and stored on the camera...to the system.  With my digital cameras, I received a small disk with the requisitie software for the transfer and editing of the images.

Did this device...some with such?

Who is the manufacturer and what is the model of this device?

Louis

#5 blueballs

blueballs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:33 PM

Honestly,I cannot believe this,Im being asked to repeat myself again. I do appeciate someone having a go at helping me dont get me wrong there! but Ive posted a few questions here previously about the problems Im having with Win 7 and nothing has been resolved absolutely nothing? It has just been an endless series of questions that I have already provided the answers for! I know you have to ask these questions to get to the nitty gritty but please please,read the post from the start.This has become an exercise in futility and once again Im that pissed off Im going to go elsewhere for help.

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:25 PM

make and model of the device is essential... Windows will not have drivers to run it alone. You need to find this out and then approach the manufacturers website.

You probably need an application also, as it's unlikely you will open your files in Windows media player/ Photo viewer.

Hamilus was asking very valid questions. No matter where you go you will find the same, as these are the core issues.

#7 blueballs

blueballs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:49 AM

I bought this microscope on ebay and the next day I got an email from ebay saying that the seller has been suspended but I wouldnt get my money back because it was already in the mail? So when it didnt work after a few months and I couldnt contact the seller or go to resolution because there was no seller,well Im stuck with it.There are no markings on it to tell who is the manufacturer,It has 20x Zoom + 800x zoom on a binocular type mechanism and two red buttons,one on either side saying snap + the other says zoom.It has 8 led lights with a dimmer on the usb cord. It comes with a stand and looks the same as these all tend to look. 

#8 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,239 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:09 AM

Well, that's a duzey... Really hard to help sorry.

You could try downloading various microscope drivers/softwares until you find one that works... Might take 1 or 2 tries.. or 50, or you might never find one that works. Without being able to ID the device manufacturer there is no way to tell.

Sorry.

#9 blueballs

blueballs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

There are a lot of things wrong with Win 7,along with everything else, backup will not complete, says it skipped files because they are not in the right format? Though it worked before with fat32 500gb external drive? It says my last backup was; never! I tried to use the disks I burnt for recovery,the first of four dvd disks but it didnt seem to recognize it ? Could you recommend a tutorial for a new clean install that I could follow to start again? 

#10 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,239 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

Backing up on a FAT32 drive is probably not the best idea, there are limitations and the journaling does not work properly. I would seriously consider re-formatting your external drive to NTFS, which would make these incompatibilities go away.

Also, Windows backup is not as reliable or fast as some 3rd party backup solutions, I would also recommend Googling 'top 10 free backup software' and read a bit till you find one that is right for you.

Doing a clean install will not make these problems go away. Though the recovery disks not being recognized is a major issue and you should definitely make more if those ones don't work. They may do though, you actually have to boot from them to make them work. You can change your boot order in the Bios which you will find by pressing f2 or f8 or whatever your computer asks when your machine is booting... then change boot order to cd first rather than hd and restart the machine with the first disk inserted. Doing this will not make your current issues go away though.

Hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users