Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unidentified network Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BuddyFoster

BuddyFoster

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

Ok so I have seen a lot of forums about this but most of them are older and I'm having a problem now. I have an ax4300g u4802 and have been plagued by all the problems that have come with the model. I have sent it back to acer twice and thru a second secondary warranty for problems with it not turning on. My problem now (this actually happened once before but I was sending it in anyway) is that I'm getting the unidentified network message when trying to get online. It was happening only when I turned the computer completely off. Then if i restarted a bunch of times and unplugged it for a while, it would miraculously start working again. Now I have several laptops and phones that work of the the wireless fine. I can even plug the dsl that is in my acer into an old hp and it still works like a champ. So far I have
1 reset router
2 reset ip address
3 deleted bonjour
4 checked for the ##apple program in services
5 made sure my internet prot's (4 & 6) are set to auto obtain
6 i've run someone's flush program
7 i've restored to a point when it seemed to be working (i guess that's not true, at the time of this restore if I had turned off the computer i would've been plagued the same way)
8 i've disabled and re-enabled the connection
9 i have completely removed mcafee(months ago)
10 disconnected the router and ran directly to computer

I've tried these all in different combinations and orders. I really don't know what else to do. I'm going to my parents house in a few days and i'm gonna try to hook it up there. Don't know if that should make a difference but at this point I'm grasping at straws. I'm running windows 7. I mean, I just got it back from the secondary warranty near the end of april 2013 and so it was pretty much returned to stock. I haven't been downloading much on it, thats what I use my old dinosaur hp for. Help me, please help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users