Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Partition merge

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 EnigmaXtreme

EnigmaXtreme

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:39 AM

I just bought a new Acer Aspire and while it says a 1TB hard drive, its actually been partitioned into 2 500GB hard drives as seen here

There was no Win8 recovery disc in the box whatsoever so the last thing I want to do is bugger up my new computer, so I select merge to combine the two hard drives and I get this

Should I have any concern?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Moamen

Moamen

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

Hi,

Merging volumes is quite a simple process. You just delete the secondary volume (assuming you have already moved needed files) than you just extend the primary volume. There seems to be nothing wrong with the picture you posted.

#3 Judith1314

Judith1314

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

another easy way is to try the third partition software. By that method, you can directly merge the partition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users