Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleted some big files that cannot be shown in “Recycle Bin”. Help, please!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cherry478

Cherry478

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:31 AM

Yesterday, my bother had faced this issue:

He had deleted some useless folders that contained several big files. These files were all too large to be displayed in “Recycle Bin”. However, he regretted latter and wanted to find these deleted big files back. Where could he find these files? Please, tell me the resolution in details.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,586 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

You can try Recuva (http://www.piriform.com/recuva)

#3 Judith1314

Judith1314

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

Try data recovery software to get these files back! Before you recover these big files, almost every data recovery software will deep scan or quick scan your lost files. Based on your question, I suggest you to try deep scan for lost files, because you can check whether that data recovery software is workable or not. If you think the files you previewed is the exact files, you can recover them.

Note: The important thing is that you should make sure the hard drive/partition hasn't been overwritten. Otherwise, it is unavailable to recover them back.

#4 Ashlyl00

Ashlyl00

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

OK! Don’t worry!

In fact, as I know, the deleted data (even deleted from the recycle bin) is not actually erased off from the computer immediately after the deletion. They are still there. As long as your bother acts carefully, he does have chances to restore them all back:

1. Do not use this computer any longer in case that any new data would rewrite the previous big files.

2. Take chances with a PC data recovery program to retrieve the deleted files. You may not know that there are plenty of data recovery freeware that could work much more efficiently than some paid ones, such as Recuva, TestDisk and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

He’d better select a right one according to your own conditions.

3. Save and back up these restored files on another drive or storage device in case of data loss.

Note: You should remind your brother to back up all his important data all the time in case of similar problems.

#5 Cherry478

Cherry478
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

OK! Thank you for your guys repleis!

They helped a lot!

Thank you very much!

#6 Cherry478

Cherry478
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

OK! Don’t worry!

In fact, as I know, the deleted data (even deleted from the recycle bin) is not actually erased off from the computer immediately after the deletion. They are still there. As long as your bother acts carefully, he does have chances to restore them all back:

1. Do not use this computer any longer in case that any new data would rewrite the previous big files.

2. Take chances with a PC data recovery program to retrieve the deleted files. You may not know that there are plenty of data recovery freeware that could work much more efficiently than some paid ones, such as Recuva, TestDisk and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.

He’d better select a right one according to your own conditions.

3. Save and back up these restored files on another drive or storage device in case of data loss.

Note: You should remind your brother to back up all his important data all the time in case of similar problems.

Thank you for your detailed steps!

In fact, I am really not so familiar about data recovery stuff. But, by following your listed steps, I have finally restored all my wanted files back. By the way, you mentioned data recovery freeware really work well, especially the last one that has successfully restored all my needed data.

Thank you very, very much!!!!!!

#7 Judith1314

Judith1314

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

OK! Thank you for your guys repleis!

They helped a lot!

Thank you very much!

Hope you question have been solved~