Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor turning off , cursor freezing/lagging

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 catss1337

catss1337

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

Hello,

I have been directed here from the Global Mod: Boopme He has cleared my computer and says it is not a malware issue he thinks a sofrware issue, to come here.

My cursor keeps lagging for a few seconds, then it will respond. It will just freeze up, then resume.
After I launch an application(firefox, or a game) sometimes my monitor will just turn off and go in to "save mode". I have no option but to hold the power button on my pc.

Whenever I notice my cursor start to lag, that is usually the first sign that something is going wrong. Then my monitor will go down. So when I see my cursor isn't responding/wrong cursor when typing,clicking I just restart my computer. So the past 72 hours I have been having to hold the power button and force shut downs, and do frequent restarts to try to prevent me having to do the powerbutton shutdown.

For reference of all the work I have done so far with Boopme: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502807/computer-freezing-cursur-dissapearing/#entry3121909

Kindest Regards,
me

Edited by catss1337, 04 August 2013 - 10:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

Hi,

Have you monitored the temperatures of your CPU, or hard drive(s)? Perhaps the graphics card?

Thanks

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 catss1337

catss1337
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

hello,

No I haven't ever watched the temps. What is average? I do have ThermalController which would make it easy for me to monitor, I just didn't know I needed to. My fans are always running and the computer always seems so loud.

Is there a way I can make sure the fans are working as they should, and the temps are all right. My computer is liquid cooled.

I had to reopen my post with Boopme. Earlier today my keyboard stopped responding when I tried to log in to windows. It would work prior to Windows booting up(I was able to press F2, F8, F12; I managed to do a system restore to yesterdays date.) So i'm not sure what is going on with my computer at the moment.

Regards,
me

Edited by catss1337, 05 August 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#4 catss1337

catss1337
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

Well, i'm back.

It was suggested that I reformat my computer. The conversation can be found and the link I originally posted. I had a few questions about reformatting if anyone happen to know, it would be greatly appreciated!

1. I was originally using Windows 7 Home, I then updated to Win 7 Ultimate, using the Update Now feature built-in Windows; I'm pretty sure I was e-mailed the copy of my Windows. I didn't save the file, and deleted the email. Is there anyway you are aware of that I can recover my Windows Key or a program I can use to find my key I did use? Do I have to contact Microsoft about that? I can't lose my Win 7 ultimate

2. Should I use software to completely wipe my drive such as DBAN?

3. I noticed in my 'Advanced Settings' when I press F8 before Windows boots, that there was something that said "Alien Emergency Restore-Factory Settings" or something along those lines. If it restores it to factory settings, I wont have my Win 7 Ultimate installed. That is a huge concern for me, is there anything I can do about this considering I don't have the download/key to activate if I need to reformat/reinstall Windows.

Regards,
me

Edited by catss1337, 06 August 2013 - 10:56 PM.

#5 catss1337

catss1337
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

I'm being serious, I can't find the edit button anywhere. I don't mean to bump this post so please disregard if under that presumption. Trying to update my post that it needs to be closed.

I called Microsoft about my question and was told that since I used the 'Windows Anytime Upgrade' and purchasing online, the download/liscense is only good for one download. He explained I have to call Customer Support after I reformatt, and explain my problem. He said word for word "hopefully they will upgrade you back to Ultimate after you explain the situation". Word of advice, purchase the phyisical CDs rather then online only getting the download!!!

This post can be closed, thanks!!

Regards,

me

(I think the edit button dissapears after a post has been posted for so long. The edit button isnt on my above posts :| /shrug )

Edited by catss1337, 08 August 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

Thanks for letting us know...let us know the final outcome of your situation :).  It will probably be of some value to those finding themselves in similar situations.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users