Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser problems?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Colinito

Colinito

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:32 AM

Hello Everyone,

I have read the data referring to "slow browsers" etc but the problems that I am having do not all get covered. I am therefore entering the following data in the hope of reaching/receiving a solution!

About a year ago I bought a Lenovo laptop to use when away from home. It came with W7, Home Premium 64 bit installed. 

The IE has been updated to 10

I also have Google Chrome (latest version (28,etc)

My browser of choice is Firefox.

A couple of days ago, I updated Firefox to 22.

Since then I have had problems with both firefox and Chrome.

Firefox.

a. Tends to run fairly slowly.

b. Sometimes will not open mail.

c. Sometimes will not open links on internet.

d. sometimes freezes. 

e. When closed, it appears that it is still running unobserved as it will not re-open unless the computer is re-booted.

When trying to un-install to re-install Firefox I was informed that I had to close firefox before un-installing it - I had already closed it, I     thought! I eventually re-installed it, but the problems remain.

Chrome.

a. Runs exceedingly slowly.

b. Opens my mail in yahoo mail, but refuses to open mail in Hotmail (Windows Live)

c. Frequently a notice stating that the page wont allow text and I get the chance to wait or kill the page. At this time, the text takes from 10 to 45 seconds to appear on the page  If I choose 'wait' there is no change. If I choose 'kill the page' I get a black screen with a choice to restart -  I then get the same page back, but the delay in text appearing remains the same. (This text is taking about 15 seconds to appear after 'hitting' a key on the keyboard.)

I have scanned with AVG 2013 Free; Super AntiSpyware; Malarebytes; rkill; Windows defender.

All return nothing more 'dangerous' than cookies etc.

I have also done a defragmentation.

The problems remain.

I would be most grateful for any advice on how to manage this problem.

Thanks,

Colinito

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:43 AM

Download Adwcleaner by Xplode : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
Click on Adwcleaner and hit the Delete button. Copy and paste the result on your next reply.

Download JRT by thisisu http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/
Make sure to disable your antivirus or any running protection softwares before running JRT to avoid interferences.
For Vista and Windows 7, right-click and Run as Administrator. In XP, double click JRT icon.
Please be patient and let the program finish scanning.

Run ESET online scanner
Download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and save it to your desktop
Follow the instructions and Leave the check mark next to .Remove found threats and place a check next to Scan archives
> Hit Start and ESET will begin to install, update and scan your computer.
> After scanning completes, click List of found threats.
> Click Export to text file and save the file to your desktop and name it Escanlog.
> Click Back button then Finish.
  Please Copy/Paste the report on your next reply.

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users