Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Update For Windows Xp Kb898461!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Anthony

Paul Anthony

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:40 PM

Hi there guys!!! i just wondering how can i cancel an update? because when i downloaded some of the updates needed for my computer using automatic updates, i've got so many critical updates that i've installed, except for this KB898461 update!!! now i can't install it!! although i downloaded it by automatic updates!!! and when i manually downloaded it through windows download center and try to insatll it on my computer, it says: "The path specified is not found!" "Installation of KB898461 is failed!" so, now i can't download some updates until i install this KB898461 update!!! please help me guys!!! Thanks!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Paul Anthony, 20 April 2006 - 10:43 PM.

Intel Celeron 2.00 GHz
ASRock VIA M266A MotherBoard
S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR
40 GigaBytes HDD
128 MegeBytes Memory
Samsung CD-RW Drive
Windows XP Professional SP2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:08 AM

Hello Paul Anthony Welcome to BC.

What you do is go back to Windows Updates and go thru the scan and then click the CUSTOM Button which s/b the lower one.

After this goes thru and finishes scanning in the right window find the Windows Update KB898461 and click on it to expand the window that shows the information about it.

In this window you will see a little square box that states - Don't show this update again

First take the little check mark (Called a tick) out of the left of the update then Left click on the little square box and put a tick mark in it for Don't show this update again

Then click on Review and Install updates and you are done Windows Update will not use this update or scan for it until you reverse this operation.

#3 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2006 - 10:25 AM

Try this. Same here.

FWIW - mine's installed fine.

#4 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2006 - 11:37 AM

Hi Herk, The member does not weant to install the pattch and it just keeps downloading. The fix I gave stops it from downloading thru Automatic and regular.

#5 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2006 - 12:09 PM

Hi Herk, The member does not weant to install the pattch and it just keeps downloading.

Not quite so. The user said:

so, now i can't download some updates until i install this KB898461 update!!!

The fix I gave should solve the problem of both the installation of the patch and stop the downloading as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users