Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MBAM log shows 2x PUP.Optional.Installex entries, unsure of next steps

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cursive

Cursive

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:22 PM

I ran a scan using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.08.03.06

And it highlighted 2 entries for PUP.Optional.Installex. I selected to fix the problems and it then said I needed to restart my computer (running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS) to resolve he problem.  When it finished restarting I saw the entries in the quarantine tab and selected to delete them, but want to check whether any more action is required to fully clean the system of this.

Thanks in advance for any help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:50 AM

When it finished restarting I saw the entries in the quarantine tab and selected to delete them, but want to check whether any more action is required to fully clean the system of this.

Hello Cursive -

You have completed all required steps - :)

Quarantined items are only kept, in case you find they are actually OK, and wish to Reinstall them -

Thanks for Asking -

#3 Cursive

Cursive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:39 AM

Thanks, though I see the "who is helping me" thread states:

As this is an open area, available for any member to post in, please use caution when following the advice given. Instructions from the following member groups is to be considered trusted:
Admin | Site Admin | Global Moderator | Moderator | Malware Study Hall Admin | Malware Response Instructor | Malware Response Team | BC Advisor

Other trusted helpers include Malware Study Hall Junior and Malware Study Hall Senior with "Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!" in their signature.

I appreciate you looking at this though I will also wait for someone from the above groups to comment.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:07 AM

Hello -
This forum is called "Am I infected? What do I do?". I have given the correct answer to your question.

You can view my profile from Malwarebytes Forum HERE and read some of my 6,000 odd posts there if you prefer.

Thank You -

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

Hello Cursive -

If you are still unsure, here is a direct link to the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware general forum area
http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=41

This area is Program Specific to your particular problem, so it may help to ask there -

Thanking You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users