Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Helping solving a mystery

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tamy

Tamy

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:42 PM

Hello,

I've been on here off and on all day - mostly in trying to fix a virus problem - in the midst of this, it has dawned on me that my grandson has become quite smart for 15 years of age (I think?) I noticed that the Log in icons on the computer that he has been using (the computer that I've been trying to get the virus's off today) are switch. In other words the administrator button which has always been on the left side (as your looking at it) is now on the right side and the standard or guest log in button (his log in button) is now on the left instead of the right.

I also noticed that a log that I ran on this infected computer earlier (DDS or Hijack this) it said something like it couldn't show something because it had the same names or some such a matter. So it got me to thinking that maybe my oh so smart grandson is trying to pull one on ol grandma here.

Does anyone have any ideas on this mystery of the log in buttons getting reversed? Just curious of what else I might need to be looking for as well - kids are so smart anymore and I can't keep up with it all - geesh! LOL

Thanks for any input!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users