Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS A53U Laptop Won't Turn On, Power Cord Blinking

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kkrueger

kkrueger

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

Hello everyone, Recently my ASUS A53U laptop won't turn on and will not charge. When the power cord is connected, the indicator light on the cord starts to blink. However, when disconnected from the laptop it is a steady green. I have tried multiple different power cords so I don't think that is the issue. What else could be a cause of this? Some things I have tried include unplugging the laptop, removing the battery and holding the power button to drain any excess power, then plugging it in, but that also does not work. Any ideas of what it could be would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 slgrieb

slgrieb

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

Can you run the laptop from the AC adapter with the battery removed? If that works, you need a battery. If you can't run the laptop without the battery, that's probably a bad mainboard.

Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is... 
WIFFLEBALL!

#3 kkrueger

kkrueger
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:55 PM

No, unfortunately the laptop does not work with the battery disconnected. I was thinking it might be the mainboard as well, but I was curious if there could be anything else that could cause it. Thank you for the reply though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users