Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't install Internet Explorer 9,Superantispyware, etc.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nosmiley

nosmiley

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

I have downloaded Internet explorer 9. I click to install. It takes awhile, but does state it's installed. Restarting later, and looking through REVO , and windows programs , it makes no mention of IE 9 , but gives dates a year ago and lists IE 8.

I have AVG and it finds nothing. I decide to download Superantispyware from the bleeping site. It states it's downloaded , I click install, get the standard warning that the program may be dangerous, click on the "install anyway", get a screen about 1/10 second, then disappears, and stops. I have administrator rights etc. I have IE 8, have run MBAM , find nothing. The superanti icon download is visible on desktop.

The reason I started all this is because my att.Yahoo email loads, opens messages, but will not delete them.  If I use TCPOPTimizer, and put back to windows default, it will delete emails until I change to other browsing. Then it has to be reset with TCPOPT because something in there reverts back in order to screw it up.

Windows 7

I know this is a long explanation, but thought it might help.

Thank you very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

Hello -

Do you use Dial-up Internet these days ??

TCPOPTimizer was a program designed only for Dial-up setups to help with "a bit" of extra speed.

Is Broadband available in your area ?? If so you do not need TCPOPTimizer (read the deatils).

It was also designed several years ago for XP, and I think the latest updates are 5 years old.

Do you have Windows Updates turned On, or at least check them every month ?

IE 9 or 10 should have been offered in your Updates a long time ago -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users