Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox waiting for ____ , then loads pages

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mac29

Mac29

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

Short and sweet, I can surf ok but frequently will get messages in the lower left hand corner of Firefox (ver 22) about waiting for a site(s) to load: PF hub, google-analytics, ip addresses, cd.doubleverify.com, a4.live.liverail, pagefair, vac.advertising, r.openx.net, flash.quantserve, lots of them. See the same thing in IE.

I use Sandboxie (w/Firefox) and have not had any issues since using it. But also still have my Avast. Occasionally run Avast and Malwarebytes scans. Never finds anything.

It's not that I don't get to my destination, but I know the browser is exchanging info w/these sites and I don't know how to stop that so as to surf faster. Only hit I find in this section is http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425998/all-browsers-ie-ff-chrome-waiting/?hl=%2Bfirefox+%2Bwaiting#entry2461519 but it gives no info besides 'install this and post the logs.'

Well, I've been to other sites and they're guessing it's a virus: run your anti-v, malwarebytes and DDS.com and give them the logs.

I can install and run Minitoolbox but I'd like to know what causes this. It's highly probable I don't have a virus. Could someone explain what the synopsis is, other than a virus? Proxies? No clue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mac29

Mac29
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

Nobody? Has to be something common.

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

but I know the browser is exchanging info w/these sites and I don't know how to stop that so as to surf faster.

That is a normal behavior for a computer to connect to a website server over the internet. All browsers use Transport Layer Security and Secure Sockets Layer protocols which works as intermediate solution against any known form of virtual attack such as eavesdropping, spamming and the likes.

Slow Computer Browser? solutions posted by GM quietman7.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users