Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Has anyone heard of the Seeda Butor Virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tamy

Tamy

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of this virus? I can find very little info on it.

My Microsoft Security Essential's caught and quarantined about twenty hits on my computer.

I think I have it removed now - but I was just looking for further info on what it does and if I need to be worried about it

morphing into something else. :devil:

MSE says it is a Severe Virus  - but I didn't have much of a problem getting rid of it,

so I'm a little nervous about it coming back to haunt me (GRIN).

Any info of this virus out there?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

Without knowing exactly what and where it was detected/removed its impossible to go into specifics, but this is usually a name Microsoft gives to a certain type of malicious javascripts that may run on certain sites. I'd suspect that your AV caught them when you were accessing possibly compromised sites.

You can find a bit more information here: http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/Entry.aspx?Name=Trojan:JS/Seedabutor.B#tab=2

Again, I can't be sure, but its likely the malicious scripts were intercepted before they could make any changes to your computer.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

animinionsmalltext.gif

#3 Tamy

Tamy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

Hi Elise,

Thank you for your response.

I did see that on Microsoft's website - but it doesn't really tell you much.

I guess I will wait and see if it wreaks havoc on me (grin).

Best Wishes,

Tamy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users