Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD-Rom tray closes automatically after ejecting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 David7626

David7626

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

Hi everyone, first time post!

I currently have this strange problem with my CD-ROM tray - it automatically closes as soon as I eject a disk. I tried running AV applications and checked for driver updates, but both came either clean of any defects or everything was up to date.

Could it may be just a hardware problem?

Underneath are details of what CD-Rom drive that I'm running, in case any one needs to know:

Disk Drive: Hitachi HDS721010CLA632 SATA Disk Device

DVD/CD-ROM Drive: hp DVD A DH16ABLH SATA CdRom Device

If I need to give more information to solve this little problem, please feel free to tell me. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

Try going into safe mode or in BIOS and check if it still closes by it self.

If it doesn't it is something to do with the windows drivers.

If it does close there is something wrong in the drive it self.

EDIT: BTW Welcome to Bleeping Computer :)

Edited by Delta16, 03 August 2013 - 12:12 PM.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

Have you looked in the Device Manager to see if there are any errors under DVD/CD-ROM?

Since these are native drivers try uninstalling the drivers for your optical drive in Device Manager.

Click on DVD/CD-ROM, double click on your optical drive, click on the Driver tab and uninstall the driver.  When you reboot the hardware wizard will recognize the new device and assign a new driver for it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 David7626

David7626
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

I ran BIOS and checked the CD-ROM, it was working fine. So far things seem to be working normally again. I'll let you know if things change some time. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users