Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware? As I type my Windows password, the letters stay in upper case

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 morrisong

morrisong

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:18 AM

I have been having lots of web pages won't open and other errors and page loading issues. Today as i was waking my computer up and typing in my password, it was keeping my entries as if I had caps on.. I am able to see the actual password as I type it, so I know it wasn't an error on my part.I tried typing with caps on and caps off-same thing .I did this about 4 times and it finally allowed me in

I also have been having issues with connecting to my network at home where the yellow flag on my internet connection shows and I lose my connection, but gain it back in 30 seconds. I keep being told I have a broken cable (I'm on Wifi) or I have a router or access point issue, but then I get back on my wifi in 30 seconds or so, and then am okay for awhile. I have Windows 8, connect wirelessly with AT&T. My nephew installed a hidden network and we have our house network. It says connected unless the yellow flag shows up, then it says limited, but then fixes itself. All these issues happen on Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Whew! I am sure its multiple issues.

It does seem like ever since my nephew set up the additional network and renamed the main house network is when the issues started happening.  I am right next to the router and the modem, so its not a distance or wall preventing me from connecting.

I have previously run several malware programs-Malware Bytes, Viprerescue, ATF cleaner, spybot and my antivirus is AVG. It says I am okay, but still getting these issues. I haven't run any registry cleaners because as I have read, these are more problematic than helpful.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

Make sure your "House Network" is set as the first entry in Your Wirless Networks.

As Posted At Eightforums.com

• Open the command prompt (in the start menu type cmd Click on  "command prompt"
  • Type  netsh wlan show profiles and Press enter. This will list the wireless networks your computer connects to in order of priority
  • To Change the priority of a net work type this command (or Paste it)

netsh wlan set profileorder name="WirelessProfileName" interface="InterfaceName" priority=1 
Change WirelessProfileName in the command for the wireless network profile name displayed in step 2 above that you want to change the priority of.

Change InterfaceName in the command for the name of the interface (ex: Wi-Fi) displayed in step 2 above.

Enter the Priority number you want to assign 1 (one) in the command for what priority order number you wanted to have the wireless network profile name listed in.

When the Limited Connectivity Icon shows up are you still able to load a web page? Are you using a local User account or Microsoft Live User account when loggin in?

Credit:

EightForums.Com instructions to change Wireless Network Priority Instructions

Microsoft Technet for the Commands List

Edited by Sneakycyber, 03 August 2013 - 10:18 AM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users