Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error with Send/Receive with Outlook all the sudden!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NYKrumrie

NYKrumrie

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

I’m getting error with Send/Receive with Outlook all the sudden. I have not changed anything to my folders or filters that I know of. I looked around the net & couldn’t find any answers. Some people had an issue with the time/date setting on PC that caused this error, but mine is correct. I get this error every time I hit the  Send/Receive button. Some forums said something about syncing Hotmail with Outlook could be the problem. As far as I know I don’t have a Hotmail Account, well not that I know of or have ever set up. 

“Task reported error (0x8004102A) : 'Error with Send/Receive. 

There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy.

Error : 80041004.'”

Here is some system info:

Outlook 2010- Win7 Pro x64, Acer laptop-Firefox default browser-Avast!

Acer Laptop-Pent.duo 2ghz- Win7pro x64 SP1- 4GB ram- Avast!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MzLindyOne

MzLindyOne

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

Open Internet Explorer.  Look in Tools > Internet Options > Connections

First click on the dial-up "Settings" button and be sure "Automatically detect settings" is on.  Note what proxy server is set if any and UNcheck Proxy Server.

Then click on "LAN Settings" button.  Check "Automatically detect settings".  Note what proxy server is set if any and UNcheck Proxy Server.

"Apply" then "Okay" and see if your Outlook is working then.  If not, go back, ENable the proxy option, Apply, then DISable again.

Let us know how it goes...

#3 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,255 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

Are you syncing a Hotmail account using Outlook?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2231628

Another set of troubleshooting options:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-outlook/reported-error-0x8004102a-error-with-sendreceive/39acead3-27fb-4155-bab9-01c6651cf2f5

#4 NYKrumrie

NYKrumrie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

Ok I figured out the issue just in case anyone else is experiencing a similar problem. I didn't know that to use Outlook Calendars you need to set up a Hotmail account. I guess they set up a Hotmail account for me at work just to use the calendar feature on Outlook without telling me there was an active Hotmail email account now. So I opened a browser, went to Hotmail, Logged in with the User name & Password they made for me. (probably the same email users name & password you have been using with Outlook all along). I logged in, there was nothing really there. I closed it & launched Outlook. Presto! The problem was gone! Not sure how or why but it was gone. **Note- A few days later the same error window appeared. I logged into Hotmail like before & the problem was gone. I hope its gone forever now.

Acer Laptop-Pent.duo 2ghz- Win7pro x64 SP1- 4GB ram- Avast!

#5 dliwg

dliwg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

I've been searching for a solution to this same problem for days and ran across this tonight. It solved my problem! Thanks NYKrumrie. And I joined the site!

#6 le5691

le5691

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:04 AM

I have been having this error for several weeks. I believe it is fixed. I removed the archive.pst data from the data settings and instead of archiving, I am now deleting all messages greater than 6 months. Note: I believe I can always save the few emails I want to remember in a different place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users