Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! My Computer Craped Itsself!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 denderotto

denderotto

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:08 PM

ok heres the deal..... i have a dell laptop i got for christmas a year and a half ago so of couse the warrenty died. well for some reason one day i was putting in a cd and as soon as i put the disk in the laptop it turned off.now it hasnt turned on since. now the person who gave me this laptop got my sister one aswell of the same laptop.so to test it out i put in her battery in to my laptop. it still didnt turn on. so i deffinetly know its a internal power problem. altho if you have any advice on this subject it would help but thats not what im here for. lets get to the main problem......

now that my laptop has been out of service for the last 2 monthsi decided untll i can get it serviced on i would just take the hard drive out and put it in a portable carrier. and thats when i ran into my problem. i had a password on my laptop and now everything on the hard drive is password proteced and wont let me into any of the folders. so what i need to know is if theres a way to take off the password protection and if there is how?

(btw if you cant tell this is my first post so srry if this sound pretty damn dumb.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 21 April 2006 - 01:43 PM

This is a guess, but it sounds like the power supply died on your laptop.

You are extremely lucky in that your sister has the same kind of laptop that you have. Here's what you can do: 1) Plead, beg and grovel to your sister so that she will let you temporarily put your hard drive in her machine. 2) Copy all your data files to CD or network them to the computer you are using now. At least you will have access to your files until you can get your laptop fixed. Now you why so many people recommend backing up your data on a regular basis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users