Hello, I am trying to do a Windows 7 system repair.
1. Starting normally hangs on windows start-up screen.
2. Starting in safe mode stops after atipcie64.sys, then reboots with repair or start normally, with normal still hanging at windows startup screen and repair stopping after atipcie64.sys then going through the same routine.
3. Starting in last known working configuration hangs on windows start-up screen.
4. Using usb method with windows 7 repair file gives "missing operating system" error
5. Using recovery boot disc makes it to letting me select keyboard input method, I select and hit next, then it hangs on blue screen with designs with no username/administrator box showing up. Mouse still works fine because I can move the cursor around the screen.
Everything was working great last night until my pc froze and an error box popped up saying windows 7 error. I did a hard restart and that's when I all of these other problems began.
I also ran an HP Start-up test and everything PASSED.
I am now in the process as a last resort of downloading a FULL copy of Windows 7, burning to disc, and trying a boot, repair or re-install.
I included an attachment of a pic of the box that DOES NOT pop up after selecting keyboard input method.
Anyone have any other suggestions? All help greatly appreciated!
I have an HP Win 7 64 bit 2.1 ghz AMD 8gb ram, everything was up to date and I haven't downloaded or installed anything in weeks.
Edited by jmix216, 02 August 2013 - 11:15 AM.