Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS Access and pervasive

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hispaladin

hispaladin

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

Ok so here is what I am being tasked with.  We use a pervasive database for our main accounting systems and our accounting department has to pull together reports on a regular basis so I have been asked to put together a system that will pull the data from the pervasive database and put together the reports through access.  Given that info could anyone point me to some documents on how to do this?  I have used access before but only to modify existing stuff, not to build it from scratch.  I have admin rights to everything so I have access to what ever I need but I have no intention of touching anything until I know what the heck I am doing.  So with that in mind anyone know where to go to start?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

It is a long time since I played with Access, but I remember that it used to come, and I think still does, with a superb tutorial called 'The Northwind Company' which touched on just about anything you could do with Access. Might be worth a look to see if you have it installed.

It was working through the tutorial that decided me against using Access !  It was a bit like taking a sledgehammer to a peanut, but I still rmember being impressed by the tutorial - extremely well written.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 hispaladin

hispaladin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

Thanks Chris, I'll look into it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users