Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Can I Stop These From Appearing?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bgorrah

bgorrah

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

Everytime I start up my PC I have to Delete the following boxes which appear...Your Computer Is Ready For Backup, Unable To Load Skin, Would You Like To Import Your Contacts From Outlook, Smart PC Fix and Upgrade. I can't remember which ones but when I clicked on them I was told I had the latest update, the site was really dangerous, etc. Is there anyway I can eliminate these from constantly showing up on my screen?

Edited by hamluis, 02 August 2013 - 10:24 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

Posted Image
Systemax Venture SBM 3, Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1, Intel Processor, 4 GB Memory, 64 Bit O.S.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GodfatherKing

GodfatherKing

• Members
  • 587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

:welcome:

:step1: Install and run MBAM

:step2:  Running TDSSKiller to obtain log

Note: Don't cure or delete a threat, but choose skip for all instead.

• Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop
  • Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters

tds2.jpg

• In the Additional options: Check Detect TDLFS file system
  • Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run

tds4-1.jpg

• Choose for all threats to Skip for all of them.
  • Click Continue
  • Please post the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt found in your root directory (typically c:\)

===================================================

:step3: ESET Online Scanner

==================

Note: If your AV is blocking Eset online scanner, please temporarily disable your AV.

I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan This process may may take several hours, that is normal.

• Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and » UNCHECK "Remove found threats" <== Important
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    • Scan potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Copy and paste the information in your next reply. (If no malware was found you will not be presented with a log).
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.

===================================================

If you have received help from me and I don't have respond to you for almost >= 3 days, send me a Private Message.  :hello:

#3 bgorrah

bgorrah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:47 AM

I Have Malwarebytes and run it every Sunday morning. 

I am not computer savvy and do not know how to post log.

I tried to print your great instructions but 1/3 of right side would not print.

Notice came up saying I needed latest version of Adobe Flash Player and they wanted my cell number?

Then notice came up wanting my mobile number?

Thanks for your help but I'm giving up.  I'll just go on deleting all these notices/boxes like I have been doing.

Posted Image
Systemax Venture SBM 3, Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1, Intel Processor, 4 GB Memory, 64 Bit O.S.

#4 GodfatherKing

GodfatherKing

• Members
  • 587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

Just try to run the tools and  then copy-paste the logs. 

If you have received help from me and I don't have respond to you for almost >= 3 days, send me a Private Message.  :hello:

#5 mcbsys

mcbsys

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

If, like me, you searched on a message and landed here, this may help you.

I just did a full MalwareBytes scan on a user's Win7 computer in Safe Mode, removed over 500 PUP objects, rebooted back into normal mode, and got the popup "Your Computer Is Ready For Backup". Task Manager showed "MyPC Backup.exe" running.

Found this site about how to remove MyPC Backup. It wasn't present in Uninstall programs, but maually running the uninstaller under C:\Program Files (x86)\MyPC Backup\uninst.exe did in fact seem to remove.

Subsequently ran TDSSKiller per the above instructions and found 0 threats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users