Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Message in Windows XP....Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BobLizPatt

BobLizPatt

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

I received the following error message while rebooting my desktop computer with Windows XP Professional SP3 32-bit......Error Loading C:\Program Files\Conduit\CT3289847\plugins\TBVerifier.dll  The specified module could not be found.

I think my son may have used the Conduit program on this computer in the past but I thought it had been removed. Can someone please help me with this issue. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

Please download and run AdwCleaner and post the log it generates in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 BobLizPatt

BobLizPatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:43 PM

# AdwCleaner v2.306 - Logfile created 08/03/2013 at 00:36:15
# Updated 19/07/2013 by Xplode
# Operating system : Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (32 bits)
# User : Liz Patterson - PATTERSONS-PC
# Boot Mode : Normal
# Running from : C:\Documents and Settings\Liz Patterson\My Documents\Downloads\AdwCleaner.exe
# Option [Delete]

***** [Services] *****

***** [Files / Folders] *****

***** [Registry] *****

***** [Internet Browsers] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v6.0.2900.5512

[OK] Registry is clean.

-\\ Google Chrome v28.0.1500.95

File : C:\Documents and Settings\Liz Patterson\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences

Deleted [l.22] : icon_url = "hxxp://search.conduit.com/fav.ico",
Deleted [l.25] : keyword = "search.conduit.com",
Deleted [l.29] : search_url = "hxxp://search.conduit.com/Results.aspx?q={searchTerms}&SearchSource=49&CUI=UN10[...]
Deleted [l.30] : suggest_url = "hxxp://suggest.search.conduit.com/CSuggestJson.ashx?prefix={searchTerms}&CUI=U[...]

File : C:\Documents and Settings\Guy\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences

Deleted [l.1] : urls_to_restore_on_startup ={"backup":{"_signature":"07j4BsBL6aydsQatxn00Hn9hFl6FVlCmGK1OTSG/mPY=","_version":4,"extensions":{"i[...]

AdwCleaner[S3].txt - [1347 octets] - [03/08/2013 00:36:15]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner[S3].txt - [1407 octets] ##########

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,363 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

Did this make a difference in performance?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,388 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

Related thread, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503142/conduit-dll-error/ .

Louis

#6 BobLizPatt

BobLizPatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

The AdwCleaner did not seem to make a difference in performance, but the link provided by Louis to the autorun for Windows resolved my issue. Thank you both for responding and your willingness to help.

Now my other issue to resolve is this.........I used Revo Uninstaller to remove AVG Internet Security 2013 and then used the uninstaller utility from the AVG website to clean up any remaining remnants. I have installed MSE as my antivirus program.

When I reboot the computer, just prior to getting network connectivity I get a message with the red security shield in the system tray that AVG Firewall is turned off. I don't want anything related to AVG on this computer and I would like to know how I can stop this message from appearing at start up. Any ideas?

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,388 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

Take a look at your startups...orphans are often left behinda after a program in uninstalled.  If there is an AVG item in startups....remove it.

You might also take a look in serviices.

Louis

#8 BobLizPatt

BobLizPatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

I went to msconfig and did not find anything that resembles avg in Start Up or Services.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,363 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:20 AM

Go to Run and type in AVG and press Enter to see if any remnants show up. 

#10 BobLizPatt

BobLizPatt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

I typed AVG in the Run box and the message said that WIndows could not find the file.

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,363 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

Then as hamluis stated these are probably orphaned files.  This means that the file is still there, but there is no content.  I wouldn't lose any sleep over this.

Edited by dc3, 06 August 2013 - 06:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users