Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup repair "Your computer was unable to start". I can't start my computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Seranorix

Seranorix

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

Hi,

I own a laptop made by Packard Bell(a French company). Model name is Easynote_TK11BZ-025FR

Yesterday i was surfing the web when all of the sudden my computer shut down with absoluteluy no warning.I thought it had something to do with overheating (it hadn't been the first time my computer shiut down unexpectedly so i didn't worry too much) so i didn't touch it for the rest of the day. This morning, when i tried to start it, it let me choose wether to use Startup repair or start Windows normally. I chose startup repair and let it run for a coule minutes. When it was done it asked me to restart and i did.

The monitor displayed the "Windos is starting" message but the logo would not pop up at all. After a few seconds startup repair started but this thime around it said  it couldn't repair the problems.

These are the details:

Problem signature

Problem Event name:     StartupRepairOffline

Problem Signature 01:    6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 02:    6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 03:    unknown

Problem Signature 04:    21199801

Problem Signature 05:    AutoFailover

Problem Signature 06:    5

Problem Signature 07:    CorruptFile

OS Version:                    6.17601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID:                       1003

I have tried using Andvanced System Recovery Options to acces CMD. I tried these following commands:

bootrec /fixmbr

followed by:
bootrec /fixboot

I rebooted but to no avail...I also tried chkdsk /r but it didn't work, i received a message in the command promt saying:

"The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive. Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected."

Can someone pleeeeeaaaaaassssseeee help me with this problem? The only backup i have is of a few photos and other minor stuff i had which i store in Dropbox....Can someone help me find a temprary solution to get my data back until i can fix the actual problem? Thank you for taking your time to read this.

-Andrew

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:44 AM

Does it keep looping through Startup Repair - it tells you that it couldnt repair and when you restart it will go into startup repair without letting you choose and tells you the same thing? 

If yes, This just happened to me 2 days ago. Spent 2 days trying to fix it but to no avail. 

You could try this method below ( it did nothing in my case)

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/139576-startup-repair-infinite-loop-recovery.html

What I had to do was to reinstall Windows 7.

To backup you can download and burn ubuntu on CD, boot from it and take the back up.

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

You should choose to try it so you dont have to install it, but run it from the CD.

Regards

Darren

Edited by Delta16, 03 August 2013 - 05:46 AM.

#3 Seranorix

Seranorix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

You know i was actually more concerned about the data on my laptop than the laptop itself lol. I was going to buy a new computer anyway next month but i would have been quite upset if i had lost all my files.

Yes it was in fact a loop and i didn't get to choose wether to run startup repairs. Anyway I am glad to tell you that i managed to get my laptop to work!!!!

I was much more than happy when i saw that windows logo pop up XD

You said that the first option didn't work for you....strange because that's what managed to get my laptop to work. I reaaaly don't know how to repay you, I was even starting to become paranoid and think that nobody was going to reply and that I would have to figure it out by myself but I guess I got lucky :)

Thank you once again and i wish you a very, very good day!

Best wishes,

Andrew

#4 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

:) Im glad I could be of help.

Thanks and have a good day you too :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic