Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Explorer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Philip

Philip

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 20 April 2006 - 03:54 PM

Hi - I have a problem and wonder if anyone can help.

Whenever I try and copy a file to either a floppy disk or disc the system freezes and when I get out of whatever I am working on a message comes up from Microsoft saying it is preparing an error report in respect of a "non responsive programme Windows Explorer".

I have run a virus scan and there are no problems.

I would be very grateful for any ideas.

Philip

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 20 April 2006 - 04:57 PM

When you get the windows that pops up asking to send to Microsoft there is a link in the window that offers information on the error message. I do not have the error window open but in the future I will check it out so I can tell you which little link to click on but it is the bottom link if I remember right. That should tell the nature of what the error is. We need that. We also need to know several other things like system statistics example processor, ram etc.

In your post you stated - Whenever I try and copy a file to either a floppy disk or disc the system freezes and

I know what a floppy disk is but what is disc next after it? A Cd disk or the hard drive? If so you might have a system problem, you also state Windows Explorer - you can get this statement whether you are using Windows Explorer or My Computer. What are you using to copy the files with?

You could also have a bum floppy drive - Please take a look in Device Manager for Disk Drives this is where the system shows all of the hardware driver information. Is there anything open in there when you first go in there? Like do any of the line have a little box with a minus sign in it?

Please let us know any of the info I asked here it will be invaluable for us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users