Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Linux mint 15 is better than Ubuntu 13.04!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rmmrj

rmmrj

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

The problem with ubuntu 13.04 is that, it resets screen brightness to 100% whenever I reboot my HP EliteBook 8440p. But when I tried linux mint, the problem is solved. However, blinking led of wifi indicator is unsolved.

Thank you

Ramesh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sees

Sees

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

This doesn't make Linux Mint 15 better than Ubuntu. Quite sure that each distro has each own unique features.

#3 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

The problem with ubuntu 13.04 is that, it resets screen brightness to 100% whenever I reboot my HP EliteBook 8440p. But when I tried linux mint, the problem is solved. However, blinking led of wifi indicator is unsolved.

Thank you
Ramesh

That was your particular problem with Ubuntu. Let me tell you my tale of woe. First, I couldn't use Unity. I have a nVidia graphics card, and even after trying every nVidia driver in the softeware updater it still didn't work right. So I switched to Xubuntu. That, and I don't remember exactly why, was also less than satisfactory. Kubuntu was the worst, it would freeze, colder than a pawnbroker's heart. Gnome Remix I thought would be my savior. No dice. It had this strange quirk; it would eat my memory to the point that I couldn't launch any new aplications, even though I had none running. And this was only after a few hours of use.

Now I'm using Mint 15, with Cinnamon. Life is beautiful now. I've been running it all day without a hiccup.

Edited by Bezukhov, 29 August 2013 - 12:13 AM.

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#4 stiltskin

stiltskin

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:29 AM

I fell in love with Mint a long time ago. I've been using it since it first came out.

Except on my netbook. Every version I tried on the Acers I have does the same thing. It runs for hours and then spontaneously reboots, No error messages. Nothing in the logs. Just *WHAM* and a restart. I used to run it on an Asus netbook and it worked fine. But I have two Acers (different models)and both do the same thing. I've run all sorts of other things without that particular problem. right now one has Zorin and one has Snowlinux.

But my desktop machine is Mint.

#5 Baz65

Baz65

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

I've tried virtually all of the 'buntu flavors, as well as Mint, and I've found Lubuntu to best suit my machine, needs, and tastes. I do like Mint though, as it runs on this machine (netbook w/1.8 ghz Atom and 2 GB RAM) smoother than any of the other distros I've tried except Lubuntu (and maybe Xubuntu). I guess it really came down to preferring LXDE to the other DEs. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users