Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unable to login to windows after cancelling a copy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kondo

Kondo

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

Edit: My computer is now okay. It seems that it just take very long time before it was able to load the desktop. I'm sorry I'm just panicking a while ago because this would be the 2nd laptop that malfunctioned because of me if in case something wrong happens in this computer. Please close this thread.

Please help. I cannot login to my computer. I was able to enter my password then it stops there at the Welcome screen. I simply cancelled the file I am copying from a CD.

What I actually did is this.

I places the CD in my driver then copy a file from it.
Since it is not copying (0% and it changing), I cancelled the process.
Then it cannot be cancelled so I ejected the CD from my computer but still the copy process is still there. I cannot shutdown nor restart my computer because I cannot click the options in the start menu. O what I did is I pressed the power button to turn it off.
Now I cannot get through the Welcome screen for 15 minutes already. Same happens with safe mode.

Pleas help me.

Edited by Kondo, 01 August 2013 - 10:13 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

It would help to know the make and model of this computer.

Do you have the installation disc for the operating system?

If not, you can download a legal copy here.

You need to burn the ISO file to a DVD disc, you can download ImgBurn to do this.

In order to boot from this disc you may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order and the hdd second.

Bleeping Computer has an excellent tutorial for using this disc to make a repair, you can find it here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users