Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Share your favorite Windows 8-8.1 features, or settings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 superrr

superrr

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:21 AM

Hey guys, just made this so everyone could post their favorite features, settings, layouts, or thoughts of Windows 8.

Mine are definitely the Dock where you can access settings and control panel, and the new integrated apps!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

I think the Early Launch Anti-Malware Protection is an incredible security feature that is commonly overlooked when it contributes so much.

#3 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

I've used every version of Windows since its been made and there are NO useful features of Windows 8 when they don't include a Start button but there are apps you can install for free. Your stuck with Windows 8 because its installed on every new computer made so you have no option.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/start-menu-in-windows-8-with-classic-shell/

You can't access Safe Mode with the normal F8. You can access it once its started but whats the point if it doesn't start up.

Some users say you can access Safe Mode but I've asked and no one has given me a way, if anyone knows please tell me?

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

You can enabled safe mode via this tutorial:

How to enable the F8 key to start Safe Mode in Windows 8

0 user(s) are reading this topic