Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What's the best way of removing an Ukash Metropolitan Police virus?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DFA1988

DFA1988

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:04 AM

Hey,

Yesterday i became infected with an Ukash virus. In a stupid attempt to correct the problem, i restarted the laptop in safe mode and used a system restore point. My laptop is no longer 'locked' but i can tell that my system is still infected with the Ukash virus. I can't access certain sites (including this one), either it says that i cannot connect to this site or that certificate error thingy pops up stating the presence of malicious malware.  

What's the best way of dealing with this virus especially after using system restore?

Any advice appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:21 AM

Hello DFA -

This page contains free removal instructions for the Police Central e-crime Unit Ransomware computer infection. ... you pay a ransom of £100 in the form of a Ukash or PaySafeCard payment. ... PCeU & Metropolitan Police.

Or this second option

This page contains free removal instructions for the Serios Organised ... Agency ( SOCA), the British Metropolitan Police, Police Central e-crime Unit, ... to purchase a Ukash or PaySafeCard voucher at various stores

Are either of these links showing Your version of the infection, as there are several variations -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users