Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPU

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

HI,Is it possible to have a conflict between drivers when you install a new GPU and not uninstalling

drivers of previous GPU.

The reason i am asking is put a GT610 in and may have forgotten to uninstall on board GPU drivers

and causing a conflict between GT610 and on board drivers causing the horizontal lines & screen going black as the same GT610 has been running in the other DELL E521 for months now without

any problems at all,thank's

Edited by hamluis, 01 August 2013 - 06:20 AM.
Moved from Audio/video to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

HI,Is it possible to have a conflict between drivers when you install a new GPU and not uninstalling
drivers of previous GPU.
The reason i am asking is put a GT610 in and may have forgotten to uninstall on board GPU drivers
and causing a conflict between GT610 and on board drivers causing the horizontal lines & screen going black as the same GT610 has been running in the other DELL E521 for months now without
any problems at all,thank's

Yes, it is possible.

#3 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,057 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

check BIOS settings, i think it may be in the advanced menu.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#4 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

HI,I just received my GT610 and removed on board drivers installed new GPU AND NOW I AM BACK TO MY 36" HDTV much easier to read

the only i see that cause problems in the future is when i Speccy it is telling me it is running at about 115 degrees.

Would a fan pushing air into PC help to temps down,the fan on the front of this DELL E521 pushes air out of the front of the case so my thinking is if

i put one on the back end,the GT 610 has a fan on it.

The model # is(EVGA O1G-P3-2616-RX.   (NVIDIA GeForce GT610,1G MINIHD+D+I+D-D).

Any ideas would appreciated thanks

CPU temp is 85 degrees and HDD is 97 degrees

Edited by LOVEMYPC, 15 August 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#5 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

Either your temps are wrong, or they are reading in Fahrenheit, in which case they are fine.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#6 LOVEMYPC

LOVEMYPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 661 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:42 AM

HI,dpunisher, I changed it to Fahrenheit that way i do not have use both brain cells at the same time,thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users