Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen 0xEA

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Temperance

Temperance

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

Starting from the beginning - Was playing Minecraft when the computer shut down. Computer rebooted itself and when logged back in it said that there was a driver failure. I missed the driver failure message myself but assumed when told this happened that it was the video drivers because I've been seeing some graininess to the graphics. I installed the updated video drivers and restarted when prompted. Computer restarted but nothing ever came up on the screen. I never even saw the bios loading or anything. After several restarts, checking cables, cleaned out dust in tower, removed and reinstalled VC, and swapped video cables, I finally got an image on-screen. Opening Bios screens had several dots through the texts and on Windows XP loading screen it was covered in green dots. Windows loaded and then Blue screened with the Stop: 0xEA. Researched and rebooted computer into safe mode and uninstalled all the ATI drivers. Restarted, reinstalled drivers, and continued to have issues. Sometimes if blue screens and sometimes it just shuts off on the screen. Computer stays on with no visuals. Attempted to starting computer from last known good configuration which did nothing. Also started computer in VGA mode and allowed me to work on it outside of safe mode but it still continues to shut down visuals after a time. I feel at this point that its the Video Card failure itself but don't want to replace it until I'm positive there is nothing else I can try.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

don't want to replace it until I'm positive there is nothing else I can try

Being a tight fisted Scot, I couldn't agree more !  Couple of things you could try. Disconnect your ATI card and see if you get the same problems using the on-board graphics. If these appear normal, then it probably is your card. The other thing you could try is install that card in a different computer. Again, if you get the same problem it becomes highly likely that your card is fried.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users