Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flatscreen Monitor Problem

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jay56

Jay56

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 20 April 2006 - 01:21 PM

I have what looks to be a "NSPRA Flatscreen Monitor" (says it on the monitor itself) and for some reason i cant go to any other resolution other than 800x600. If i do go to anything else i just get a black screen saying not enough memory or something. Its not the computer because my other monitor will support all of the resolutions. In fact i've had to take my monitor from upstairs down to the basement just to fix the flatscreen and its getting annoying as hell. Right now at 800x600 the screen is kind of blurry and i really wanna fix this. I don't have the money for ANOTHER new monitor atm.

-Jay

Edited by Jay56, 20 April 2006 - 01:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:44 PM

Have you tried to reinstall or update the drivers?
You can find them here, if that is a Dell product

http://support.dell.com/support/index.aspx...en&s=bsd&~ck=mn
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Jay56

Jay56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2006 - 09:11 PM

Is there a way i cant find out my Model?

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:23 PM

It should be on the back of the monitor. A label there should list model and serial numbers
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 21 April 2006 - 08:58 AM

Is there a way i cant find out my Model?

Depending on your video card, you may be able to find it within your video card settings. Nvidia will show the model number of your monitor in the settings, but I'm not sure about ATI.
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#6 Jay56

Jay56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2006 - 01:59 PM

Im looking on google, i have a INV-S17BA monitor but i cant find a download sight.

#7 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2006 - 02:24 PM

What's your operating system? XP will usually set up an LCD monitor just fine, and I've had good luck with ME, but in Windows 98 I've had to go into Safe Mode and set the video to standard VGA in Display Properties, then restart in normal mode and reset resolution again from there. Before I did that, I couldn't get video at all.

I did not need any drivers!

#8 Jay56

Jay56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2006 - 03:13 PM

i do run in XP

but i cant get past any resolution other than 800x600.

Edited by Jay56, 21 April 2006 - 03:13 PM.

#9 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:37 PM

Sorry, but when I did a search earlier for information, I found a lot of other people asking for drivers, but they got no results. I tried to find out more about the monitor, with little results. Is there an actual brand name on the back or somewhere on the monitor?

#10 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:00 PM

I Googled "INV-S17BA" and came up with this. I then Googled "Innovative Monitor" but didn't get any relevant hits. I then Googled "VisionPro VP1700" and found this, but it didn't lead anywhere.

Try running the free version of Everest Home. Look under Display > Monitor and Google the Monitor ID string that it reports. I was able to find my own monitor make and model this way. Perhaps that will lead to more information.

The fact remains that LCD monitors do not require drivers on order to operate at various resolutions, AFAIK. They autosense the video signal coming from the video card driving it and lock onto it if they can. Do you have a computer upstairs (or any other computer) you can try with this monitor ? Perhaps the incompatibility is because of the particular video card.

Then again, you may just have a flakey monitor. If you just bought it, try to get a replacement or get your money back.

#11 willmon18

willmon18

• Deactivated
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 21 April 2006 - 08:25 PM

It is not the monitor driver you need to update. It is the Graphics Card you need to update. This is what allows you to change the resolution settings. Just go to www.driversguide.com get an account and search fot the Graphics Card you have on your computer and get an update.
William Montgomery Walters

#12 Jay56

Jay56
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2006 - 12:44 AM

no i had the same problems on the upstairs comp and this a fairly old monitor, the whole computer is. This thing aint doing it for me, the viruses, the HUGE game lag....allot of other problems

ill try the everest home thing

#13 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:53 PM

The monitor problem aside, it sound like you may have a malware infestation if you're getting constant lag in normal operation. You may want to bite the bullet and go for a system reinstall. Any way, try to find the most up to date driver for the vid card, preferably from the manufacturer of the graphics chip (ATI, nVidia, etc.), not necessarily from the manufacturer of the graphics card (Saphire, Asus, Jaton, etc.).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users