Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing save document location in Word 2003

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 puedeba2004

puedeba2004

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

Two people use my computer, Nathan and Michael.  Both are Administrators.  When Nathan is logged on his Word 2003 documents are saved in:

C:\...Nathan\Documents.  When Michael is logged on his Word 2003 documents are also saved in:  C:\Nathan\Documents.  Obviously, the way it should work is Nathan's Word documents should be saved under his log-in and Michael's documents should be saved under Michael's log-in.  I can't make that happen.  Here's what I've tried so far: 

I go to Control Panel, Tools, Options, File Locations.  When I click Modify I can indicate a different folder for saving Word documents, but I can't change the location "Nathan."  Also, any change I make just adds the new extension to the existing.  Example:

C..\Nathan\Documents    Modified to:  C..\Nathan\Documents\Documents, etc.  Whatever I choose is added onto the existing location

C..\Nathan\Documents. 

I hope I've explained this clearly.  Any Word 2003 experts out there who can help on this one?  It's really got me puzzled.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by hamluis, 01 August 2013 - 12:00 PM.
Moved from Vista to Business Applications - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Judith1314

Judith1314

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

Hello,

the first question that ' you cannot change the location " Nathan"' , do you log out when you change the location under Michael adminstrator.

As for another question, did you try with another file name. I mean you can try with different file name, like C..\Nathan\Documents\Tutorial

Hope my answer can help you a bit. Thanks!

#3 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

I use Office 2003 but I'm the only user (Admin). If you open Word and click on Tools\Options and File Locations you can set which folder you want to use to save your files. I never use Users\Documents folder which it defaults to, I have my own folder.

If you only have Word ok if you have other offices apps then each one has its own file location which you can set in Options.

Now I don't know if these settings change for different users, but you can try it.

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

I use Office 2003 but I'm the only user (Admin). If you open Word and click on Tools\Options and File Locations you can set which folder you want to use to save your files. I never use Users\Documents folder which it defaults to, I have my own folder.

If you only have Word ok if you have other offices apps then each one has its own file location which you can set in Options.

Now I don't know if these settings change for different users, but you can try it.

I believe these settings are on an individual user basis, but I have to admit that I have never tried it myself as I am the only one who uses my computers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users