Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC's fans running.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

Hey,

My laptops fans run quite fast after a while of my laptop being on even if I'm not doing anything.

The only things that are running in real time are Avast! and COMODO firewall. 

Ask any questions you need too to define my problem :)

Craig

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,904 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

It's fairly normal for the fans to be running, but does the laptop feel hot to the touch or do you get sudden shutdowns when you are working ?

There are a number of utilities which can give give temperatures for various components in your computer. The one I have is 'Speccy' by Piriform (www.piriform.com) but you can try googling for others. At the moment, my motherboard temperature is 30C, my graphics processor is 63C and my hard drives are at 27C. Most semi-conductors have an upper operating temperature limit of about 85C, this varies from one device to another, but so long as your temperatures are not reaching this level you don't have too much to worry about.

The normal cause for high tempeatures in computers is dirt !  Dust and muck accumulates on the fan and on the cooling heatsinks. If you have visible accumulations it might be worth your while to open up the case and carefully clean the fan and the heatsink. A soft brush and a can of compressed air are the usually recommended tools. Just don't let the fan spin when you hit it with the compressed air, it can actually generate harmful voltages if it is allowed to spin.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users