Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Really need help with a trojan and three registry keys

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vitriol

vitriol

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

Hi,

I'd have posted ''hi, my name is blah and...'' etc. , but I' not really in the mood, as my pc
has become infected with 4 extremely persistent viruses, rendering it almost entirely incapacitated. I'm posting this whilst in safe mode with networking, because the trojan raises my processor usage to 100%, causing everything to work excruciatingly slow, or crash. 
I've been working on it for about 15 hours now, using various antivirus/malware software, but none of them work the way they claim to. Specifically, they all spot the files, but they don't remove them.

MBAM spots them as:
1: Vendor: Trojan.Malpack.Gen,   Category: File, Item: C:\xhtrma.exe
2: Vendor: PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter,   Category: Registry Data,  
    Item: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center|ANTIVIRUSDISABLENOTIFY

the other 2 registry files are roughly the same, saying instead of ANTIVIRUS FIREWALL and UPDATES.

I've tried rkill, SUPERantispyware, hitmanpro, autoruns, tdsskiller, DSS, sophos virus removal, etc.
Nothing works. The registry keys show up as empty in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft. There is nothing to see or change there.

For the love of god, someone help me get these infernal viruses off my computer.
Thanks in advance.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GodfatherKing

GodfatherKing

• Members
  • 587 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

:step1: Reboot the computer in to safe mode

:step2: Try MBAM again in safe mode this time.

If you have received help from me and I don't have respond to you for almost >= 3 days, send me a Private Message.  :hello:

#3 vitriol

vitriol
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

Good idea. I've only done that 22 times now.

Thanks.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:31 PM

Can you post the RKILL and MBAM logs,please.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users