Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP ZD7000 Laptop screen suddenly doesn't work

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ANONOMII

ANONOMII

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

Hey everyone, I am hoping that this is in the correct spot. I was recently working on a HP Pavilion ZD7000 and I took the screws out of the bottom of the laptop and I could hear something moving around in the laptop, like a screw or something. So I started to take the top apart and for some reason I decided to try the computer just to make sure it was working and it turned on and the screen had lines going through it, making it hard to read anything. So I then unplugged it to see what the problem was, and I never found one, I figured it was a fluke.

I then began taking the rest of the parts of, and two square things with a rounded top and a spring fell out of the laptop and some metal bracket looking thing fell out as well. Now, when I try to turn the laptop on, the fans, hard drive, CD-Drive, all of the main components are working and running but the laptop screen stays black and does not even look like it is working. So, I tried to plug an external monitor into the laptop and it still wasn't working, so I tried the FN + F4 (switch to external monitor) and that still didn't work. I am just wondering what the problem is or what it could potentially be. The only thing I touched for the monitor was the cable that plugs the monitor into the motherboard and that seems like it is fine, so I don't get it.

I have uploaded some pictures of the part that fell out of the laptop to my skydrive account as well as some other pictures of the laptops internals, any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated, I am running out of time and I have to get this completed quickly! The older laptops seem to be put together a lot harder than they are now adays!

Thanks everyone! The skydrive link is https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=199248BAABDE3B0!2377

Anyone can view the files there, so please help!

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users