Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PDF Printer for Windows 98SE ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joe9000

Joe9000

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

Help please! I have spent literally 2 full days trying to get a PDF printer for my Windows 98 machine - no luck. This old machine runs my old programs beautifully (these don't run on Windows 7) but I need to print (convert) documents as PDF files. I have tried a number of applications: Doro, doPDF, Nitro, Bullzip, Cute Writer and none of these give me an old version for W98 or they don't work. The best bet so far is Primo and I have tried versions 2 and 3. However although these seem to be compatible with W98, they fall over on installation and don't get installed.

Can anyone suggest another solution please?

Also....I can't get this machine to connect to the net with a wireless card to my router. It doesn't seem to recognise the connection. Again I have spent some considerable time trying. Most opinion seems to be that it's not worth it but I only need to be able to download some applications directly instead of copying them over via a flash drive. Any suggestions here?

Any help is appreciated and I just need to say that I do move with the times and have a Windows 7 64 bit machine as well - but the Windows 98 machine does some stuff much better which is why I am resurrecting it and persevering.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joe9000

Joe9000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:38 AM

Solved !! Primo PDF version 3.0 has now decided to work !  (After rebooting.) Yippee.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,068 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

Thank you for letting us know you resolved your issue.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:32 AM

Is the Windows 98 machine a lap top, and same question for the windows 7 machine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users