Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Willie.T

Willie.T

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

I am having proublem with my SoundMax digital audio, on the windows help it said to uninstall the prougram
and then reinstall after rebooting the system, I reinstalled, I get message (missing code 39)

Please help, Thanks in advance

Willie T

Edited by hamluis, 01 August 2013 - 11:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,744 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

It would help if you could tell us the make and model of the computer you are having the problem with, if it is a self-build, the make and model of the motherboard.

In general, the best place to get drivers of this sort is from either the computer manufacturer's web-site or the motherboard manufacturer's site. This way you normally get the latest drivers.

The most likely causes of your problems are that either the drivers didn't uninstall properly, or the new ones haven't installed properly. I would be inclined to do the uninstall again, shut down the computer then start it again - as opposed to using 'Re-start', and only then do the re-install.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

This driver needs to be uninstalled in the Contro Panel, not the Device Manager.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Willie.T

Willie.T
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

Thanks for your help, everyone, now I have my sound back.

Willie T.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users