This is the 3rd forum I have addressed, without success so far, to rectify or at least identify the problem. I have been running FF 2 on my Win 7 laptop; until a few days ago all functioned normally, including the email. I don't recall downloading anything other than Snagit 11 recently.
The issues: I can open my email "client", new emails do download BUT
- I can't open any folders (other than inbox); can't even "compose" new emails.
- normally I can easily delete any or several emails, using the individual, trash can icon or "delete", Not now--can't delete any.
- Once I open any given email, links work if any but then I can't revert to Inbox. Can't delete, so only way to close is clicking the X on that email's tab (which is a normal procedure
- when I click "Actions", the gear wheel icon merely spins--no connection.
- Re-started FF in safe mode. No change.
- Disabled the graphics accelerator. No change.
- Ran Malwarebyte AV: nothing found. Ran Spybot: found and deleted only one item (can't recall now, but not marked as a virus). No change.
- RE-set FF. No Change
- Ran System Restore, to the only one restore point listed. Message came back as unsuccessful because some un-named file could not be accessed (??). Followed suggestion and disabled my AVG; ran Sys Restore again--twice. No change.
- As of this writing I have downloaded the latest FF, 23 beta 10. No change.
One forum suggested disabling extensions and plug-ins. I have only one operating extension, Dashlane, which I downloaded some time ago with no obvious problems. Plug-ins are I think rather standard (Adobe Acrobat 126.96.36.199; various Google--Earth, Talk, Update; Itunes App Detector;3 Mozilla "motive" plug-ins [that do what I have no idea];Picase; Quicktime; Windows lIve Photo Gallery).
The Mozilla help page stated that if the problem persists in Safe Mode then the problem does not involve extensions or plug-ins.
Another suggestion was to dowload an EARLIER version of FF. I have not yet tried that.
At this point, lacking any concrete analysis or solution, especially from Mozilla, I am thinking to download another browser (Chrome?) and delete FF altogether.
I should add that this problem does NOT occur on my Ipad, running Safari.
Thanks for any constructive advice!!