Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Stop Error, BSOD, 0x000000C4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 MyCrappyComputer

MyCrappyComputer

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:05 AM

Hi there,

I have had a ton of issues with my computer, which I will list below, and am currently asking for assistance interpreting a DDS log, in another forum. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502560/many-locked-files-registry-entries-created-changed-at-ridiculous-rate/
However, I recently learned about the verifier tool in windows 7 64-bit and I decided to verify my drivers. These are the results:
1) When I only checked off the non-windows drivers to be verified, the computer rebooted just fine.

2) When I checked off just the Windows drivers, I repeatedly got a blue screen with the message, "A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught. The faulty driver currently on the kernel stack must be replaced with a working version." The computer would then only reboot in safe-mode, until I deleted the settings from verifier.exe

3) Lower down on the blue screen it says:
Technical Information:
**** Stop: 0x000000C4  (0x0000000000000000, 0x000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)
Collecting data for crash dump.

This is a list of all the strange issues that I've been having with my computer:

Hi people,
I am requesting assistance because my computer has major, major issues. Some of these are even comical but true, nonetheless.
1) When I visit certain websites, I see strange charachters. Usually an "A" with a carrot over it.
2) My internet connection works fine but in the lower right hand corner of my computer there is always the network icon with a big red "X"
3) I have a folder on my desktop entitled, and I kid you not, "TheBestBabes", that I constantly delete but it returns every time I connect to the internet.
4) I downloaded MS Office and the log, which I can post, says the installation was corrupt, but yet it was almost a year before I read this log and everything functioned perfectly in MS Office. It wasn't until I started having computer problems that I began to search for logs and found it. It was one of the very first things I downloaded when I reformatted my computer, so if it contained an infection, almost everything on my computer was downloaded after this corrupt download.
5) While using a program on Safari, I clicked on view activity and there were so many scripts being executed and errors occurring. 
6) In firefox and IE, I have a ton of invalid certificates that are listed as valid. 
7) Google Chrome just installed by itself one day. I was just looking at my computer and all of a sudden google chrome starts installing all by itself.
8) I ran sfc/ scannow from the commandline and it told me that there are many corrupt files that cannot be fixed. 
9) I have a ton of logs that contain very strange characters.
10) When I ran "tracerroute", it took 19 hops to get from their server to my computer. Is that normal?
11) When I send and receive certain emails, there are about 6 hops, and the email is usually spam.
12) I always get fake emails or spam from a lot of my friends on facebook, that they never sent.
13) recently I had 12 "svchosts" running in task manager and 12 or so "Acroreader32" running in task manager also. 
14) every time i go onto a website, a new survey pops up instantaneously. that cannot be normal.
15) every time I open a browser, the font is totally different than it was 5 minutes ago, and the position of the browser is constantly changing.
16) Computer is very slow.
17) On July 18, I had a computer person from my school download "Symantec Endpoint Protection" onto my computer. It has generated so many error logs and registry changes.
18) Starting about July 25, anytime I tried to run any sort of malware removal tool I would get this pop-up message, "The specified service does not exist as an installed service", and they would not run. However, they would run in "Safe Mode." I used "system restore" to return my computer to July 19, and now the malware tools, like these DDS Logs, were able to be run in normal mode.
19) Many of my programs, I have lost control over. In the "Properties" section of my programs, under "security", I see many strange entries. I see numbers, "interactive", "everybody", "trusted installer", along with the normal entries.
20) I have a ton of programs that under "properties", have a totally different name than what they're actually called.
21) I have a ton of ntuser.dat files, I have many locked programs that I don't have access to and I'm the only one that uses this computer.
22) despite being the only one who uses this computer, in internet explorer, under "Internet Options" and then "advanced", some settings I can't change. It says they are controlled by the system administrator. I am the only one who uses this computer.

I feel like the computer is infected or has been hacked. Is it possible that a virus or hacker could corrupt a driver or could a corrupt driver make me more vulnerable to an infection or hacker? Also, how do I determine which driver is problematic.

Thank you for your help,
MCC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:55 AM

Hi

Please be patient and let the Malware Responce Team to take a look at your logs. Once they are able to remove all the infections, you are then welcome to post any OS issues here.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:49 AM

You have an open malware topic posted at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502560/many-locked-files-registry-entries-created-changed-at-ridiculous-rate/#entry3116159 .

Now that you have properly posted a malware log topic, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on, the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users