However, I recently learned about the verifier tool in windows 7 64-bit and I decided to verify my drivers. These are the results:
1) When I only checked off the non-windows drivers to be verified, the computer rebooted just fine.
2) When I checked off just the Windows drivers, I repeatedly got a blue screen with the message, "A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught. The faulty driver currently on the kernel stack must be replaced with a working version." The computer would then only reboot in safe-mode, until I deleted the settings from verifier.exe
3) Lower down on the blue screen it says:
**** Stop: 0x000000C4 (0x0000000000000000, 0x000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)
Collecting data for crash dump.
This is a list of all the strange issues that I've been having with my computer:
I am requesting assistance because my computer has major, major issues. Some of these are even comical but true, nonetheless.
1) When I visit certain websites, I see strange charachters. Usually an "A" with a carrot over it.
2) My internet connection works fine but in the lower right hand corner of my computer there is always the network icon with a big red "X"
3) I have a folder on my desktop entitled, and I kid you not, "TheBestBabes", that I constantly delete but it returns every time I connect to the internet.
4) I downloaded MS Office and the log, which I can post, says the installation was corrupt, but yet it was almost a year before I read this log and everything functioned perfectly in MS Office. It wasn't until I started having computer problems that I began to search for logs and found it. It was one of the very first things I downloaded when I reformatted my computer, so if it contained an infection, almost everything on my computer was downloaded after this corrupt download.
5) While using a program on Safari, I clicked on view activity and there were so many scripts being executed and errors occurring.
6) In firefox and IE, I have a ton of invalid certificates that are listed as valid.
7) Google Chrome just installed by itself one day. I was just looking at my computer and all of a sudden google chrome starts installing all by itself.
8) I ran sfc/ scannow from the commandline and it told me that there are many corrupt files that cannot be fixed.
9) I have a ton of logs that contain very strange characters.
10) When I ran "tracerroute", it took 19 hops to get from their server to my computer. Is that normal?
11) When I send and receive certain emails, there are about 6 hops, and the email is usually spam.
12) I always get fake emails or spam from a lot of my friends on facebook, that they never sent.
13) recently I had 12 "svchosts" running in task manager and 12 or so "Acroreader32" running in task manager also.
14) every time i go onto a website, a new survey pops up instantaneously. that cannot be normal.
15) every time I open a browser, the font is totally different than it was 5 minutes ago, and the position of the browser is constantly changing.
16) Computer is very slow.
17) On July 18, I had a computer person from my school download "Symantec Endpoint Protection" onto my computer. It has generated so many error logs and registry changes.
18) Starting about July 25, anytime I tried to run any sort of malware removal tool I would get this pop-up message, "The specified service does not exist as an installed service", and they would not run. However, they would run in "Safe Mode." I used "system restore" to return my computer to July 19, and now the malware tools, like these DDS Logs, were able to be run in normal mode.
19) Many of my programs, I have lost control over. In the "Properties" section of my programs, under "security", I see many strange entries. I see numbers, "interactive", "everybody", "trusted installer", along with the normal entries.
20) I have a ton of programs that under "properties", have a totally different name than what they're actually called.
21) I have a ton of ntuser.dat files, I have many locked programs that I don't have access to and I'm the only one that uses this computer.
22) despite being the only one who uses this computer, in internet explorer, under "Internet Options" and then "advanced", some settings I can't change. It says they are controlled by the system administrator. I am the only one who uses this computer.
I feel like the computer is infected or has been hacked. Is it possible that a virus or hacker could corrupt a driver or could a corrupt driver make me more vulnerable to an infection or hacker? Also, how do I determine which driver is problematic.
Thank you for your help,