Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading my processor

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 helldorado

helldorado

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:28 AM

I have a this mobo.... XFX MI-A78S-8209 . I realize that it's not the best board but I do need to upgrade this to a quad core since the funds aren't available at the moment to go to something better like an i7, etc... Since I haven't upgraded the processor since I built it I thought I'd post here to see what advice I could get... If there's any other info that you need please let me know and I'll get to work on it... Thx.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

Please see the motherboard CPU compatibility list.

Tekken

#3 helldorado

helldorado
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

I have that... What I'm not sure of is the voltage. 95w or 125w ... Since I haven't had to work with any type of voltage capacity in the past I'd hate to purchase a processor and have it not run correctly... I just want the best I can get from that list. I'm not hacking into NASA or designing the latest computer game... I just want the best that I can go with from that list and to be honest I just need some advice in choosing a good processor from the list...

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

What I'm not sure of is the voltage. 95w or 125w ... Since I haven't had to work with any type of voltage capacity in the past I'd hate to purchase a processor and have it not run correctly...

The 125 CPU wattage is not supported by your motherboard so your best bet would be on the 95 W... and this AMD Phenom II X4 910 outperforms the quad core counterpart so that would be your best bet.

Tekken

#5 helldorado

helldorado
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

OK... I purchased the processor you recommended. Thanks for all the good advice! :thumbup2:

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:03 AM

You're Welcome. :)

Tekken

#7 helldorado

helldorado
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

It should be here by mid week next week.. I'll let ya know how it turned out...

#8 helldorado

helldorado
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:16 AM

The processor came yesterday, and thanks alot! The one you recomended is awesome... Again thanks for the advice! :thumbup2:

#9 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

You're Welcome :)

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users