Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost Administrative Rights and PC is full of bugs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SussexLost

SussexLost

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

This is my first post and while I'm by far no expert I THOUGHT I knew a thing or two about computers (apparently not enough because I find myself here in this predicament ( in all honesty I can be a bit ignorant at times). I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium on an Acer Aspire M5-481T. Nothing fancy but it WAS working just fine. Recently, I took a trip to Miami and made the big mistake of jumping on a public network with no protection and caught some kind of bug. Internet doesn't respond as usual, websites wont display properly and I think worst of all I've tried Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, avast! Free Antivirus, Spybot Search and Destroy, and Revo Uninstall Pro and apparently I can't kick a few bugs or viruses (whatever they are) because I have lost administrative rights (which I had all along because thats how I set it up and it's my own personal laptop). I have run quick and complete scans with all of the previously mentioned programs and have visited a few forums looking for an answer. I read the thread titled 

"Virus That Disables Admin Rights HELP"---http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483782/virus-that-disables-admin-rights-help/

and saw a member post about a solution called ComboFix but unfortunately after reading the instructions on the link, I just don't feel comfortable enough following them because I just don't know what I'm specifically dealing with...Can someone help me find a solution? I don't want to give up yet because I know I can fix it, I just need HELP!

Edited by hamluis, 29 July 2013 - 08:20 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GodfatherKing

GodfatherKing

• Members
  • 587 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:54 AM

Don't run Combofix, you'll need a special trained person that helps you with it.

Let's try something else:

:step1: Start Avast Boot Scan.

:step2: The computer needs then a reboot and Avast will scan. This scan can take many hours to run.

:step3: If Avast is done, reboot the computer in to safe mode and start MBAM (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware)

If you have received help from me and I don't have respond to you for almost >= 3 days, send me a Private Message.  :hello:

#3 SussexLost

SussexLost
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

Don't run Combofix, you'll need a special trained person that helps you with it.

Let's try something else:

:step1: Start Avast Boot Scan.

:step2: The computer needs then a reboot and Avast will scan. This scan can take many hours to run.

:step3: If Avast is done, reboot the computer in to safe mode and start MBAM (Malwarebytes Anti-Malware)

Performing avast boot scan right now. I will let you know what happens, thank you for the response. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users