Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

moved folder still in original location - not deletable - access is denied

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Moltres Rider

Moltres Rider

• Banned
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

I moved a folder with 20 MP3 I made with a music software from my desktop to my 2TB hard drive, and it said "moving" once moved the original folder is STILL there and NOT deletable!!! when I go to delete it it has a "shield" like it requires special permission, if I try to delete the folder I get an error message "You need permission to perform this action. You require permission from the computer's administrator to perform this action"  AND I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR!!! and IT DOESN'T MATTER how many times I click "try again" THE SAME MESSAGE APPEARS!!! if I right click 'properties' it says 'unable to display current owner' and 'access is denied'  error message appears if I try to take ownership of the file!!! even with the right click context hack!! THE FOLDER WILL NOT DELETE WHATSOEVER!!!! I GOT A FOLDER THAT IS STUCK ON MY DESKTOP AND MY COMPUTER REFUSES TO LET ME DELETE IT!!!

HOW DO I GET THIS FOLDER REMOVED????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

Hello -

A quick idea that you most likely have used, but I shall repeat it -

Have you Right Clicked on the icon and selected "Run as Administrator" ??

Also have you looked in the 2TB hard drive to make sure it did in fact transfer ?

Just a few ideas -

#3 NorthernScally

NorthernScally

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

something here which should help

Edited by NorthernScally, 29 July 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#4 Moltres Rider

Moltres Rider
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:38 AM

nope neither of those worked but I figured out how to get it deleted... I thought I'd give Unlocker a shot at removing the file... it turned out that it was locked by umpteen Gimp processes for whatever reason, as soon as I told Unlocker to kill those processes it was gone and dealt with

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users